Innovation Day

How To build a parade float

Problem: Can I build a parade float that will hold 100g and travel 50 cm?

Hypothesis: My goal for this project is I wanted to make a float  that  was big strong, fast, and wouldn’t fall apart when I tipped it over .I wanted my parade float to go at least 50 centimetres or more .

Materials:

1.Cardboard

2.Tape

3.Glue

4.  Scissors

5.paper towel rolls and toilet paper rolls

6.and don’t forget the wheels

7. cardboard shoe box

8.Sheets of paper

1. And markers to decorate with .

Method:

1. Think of an idea for your parade floats. 

2.Next you do a sketch of your idea.

1. Then once you have your sketch you gather a bunch of different materials.

4 The materials that you would normally need our 

1. Once you have all of your materials it’s time to start building. 

Results: I Achieved all my goals.

4 thoughts on “Innovation Day”

1. Hi Laser! Thank you for posting your challenge. Your creativity made your float very unique to you! I’m glad you succeed in your challenge, did you have anything that didn’t work along the way? Inventions and math have a lot in common, one of them mistakes. They help you learn and grow and how to find something better to improve on! Would love to hear any challenges you’ve faced along the way! Great work!

1. Hi Ms. Cleveland thanks for the comment. I did end up having some problems with my original plan. At first I was going to make a robot with wheels on its feet and I was not going to just make a robot on a float. But I couldn’t build my original plan so I changed it up and I needed to figure out how it would stay stable and how it would still look good. another challenge that I faced along as the way was building it. When I first built it it wasn’t stable so I had to add another leg but since I cut a paper towel roll in half for the two other ones I didn’t have anymore paper towel rolls so I had to figure out how much I would need to cut one toilet paper roll into another. Then the other problem that I faced was that the head was not standing up so what I had to do is I have to put some tape in the front a popsicle stick in the back and two pieces of tape that were being used as cables.

1. Hi Jeremy,
      Thanks for the comment. I just checked my blog and your comment was the first comment I saw. What part did you find the most interesting? Have you ever played laser tag?

From Laser